Saturday, October 18, 2008

Violated

There were other things I was going to talk about tonight but I needed to share. Our neighbors (BOTH apartments below us) were robbed today. One word, SCARY! Doors were broken via crowbar and material possessions lost but thankfully no one injured. Even though no one got into our home, they tried (there are scratches on our door). I really think hearing our small dog (who actually sounds really big) barking helped. Thank-you, Corkey! The neighbors across the hall, I think, were equally as lucky (they have a boxer and a boxer puppy). I really believe these people will be back. I am not worried about our material possessions, nor am I really worried someone would hurt us, I just feel violated right now. Not something you think about all the time when you live in JOCO. A sign of the times I suppose. 

Please pray for our neighbors as they go through this difficult time. One neighbor, a young woman in her early 20's at most, is so distraught she doesn't want to sleep in her apartment now since she lives alone. She came home and part of her door was actually missing. :(

No comments: